Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Possible Directions

When thinking about retirement there are various directions in which to proceed. Many people look to retirement as a time to spend catching up on hobbies. Others look at it as a time to pursue a career option they had not had time to check out. Some look at it as a time to just relax and rest. None of these are bad ideas. Infect, they are good ideas. My problem is that I'm not sure what my direction is yet.

As far as hobbies, I like to read, but I can't see myself reading every day...not even a book I can't put down. I like to crochet, but only for short spurts of time. I love to walk my dog and exercise, but my doctor has already told me not to do that for eight hours a day.

I have no other career choices that interest me. I believe I was born to be a teacher/coach. To me, the career I've had for 43 years was perfect for me. I have no desire to do anything else.

I do like to relax. And I do enjoy sitting around the pool, but there are only so many warm, sunny days. I think even relaxing would get old after awhile.

So here I am back at square one. What's next for me? Tomorrow I'll share some avenues I've been exploring. Some are possibilities and some are doors I've been opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment