Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Remembering 9/11/2001

Today is a day of remembering.  As I was out for my morning walk, a neighbor came out into her yard carrying a flag.  She said, "We don't have a flag pole." She had just recently moved here and she just realized a flag pole was not part of the house. We talked about how emotional this day was even if it was twelve years ago.

This year, in my travels, I had the chance to not only visit the Trade Center memorial again, but also for the first time see the crash site in Pennsylvania. Both of those areas were emotional visits.

View of church that stood through it all, across from the Trade Center.

I was in New York in March and the weather was awful. It was snowing that sloppy wet mess. I felt like I was freezing since I didn't expect the weather to be like that and had not dressed for it. Still, the memorial was full of people. It was quiet and peaceful. Everyone remembering.



In May, we stopped on our way to Philadelphia to see the site of Flight 93. We traveled off our regular path and drove through roads and roads until we found it. We saw the place where the plane went down. We sat and looked out at what must of been the last thing these heroes saw. We read all the material. It was quiet and peaceful. Everyone remembering.
May we never forget how we felt on that day. May we always be thankful for the freedom we have. May we always remember God is Good, All the Time!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment