Thursday, November 21, 2013

RUNNING UPDATE

:
During the winter months I don't like to run! I think wearing all those heavy clothes is just too much for me. It takes the joy out of the experience. The ice and snow also makes running so much harder and even dangerous. However, since I want to be ready for the spring races, I have to train all winter. So, this is what I'm doing this year.


I am still using the elliptical every morning for 45 minutes and we walk two miles every day at 5:30 a.m.  I do the same weight training three times a week and also ab work for five days a week. All that is the same as I do in the summer. In the summer I can walk several times during the day with Dave, my golden retriever, but we don't do that as much in the bad weather. Instead, I have been using the treadmill to add to my mileage. That along with the daily walks I take in the evening before or after supper have been giving me the workouts I need to stay in shape.
I have been checking out races in the area as well as some large races around the country. If I have a race in the future, that helps me to stay focused and have a purpose for those long training sessions. Running is one of the most enjoyable things I have added to my activities since retiring. So blessed to have the ability and health to do it.  Not to mention how fortunate I am to have a husband that is not only my coach but also my running partner!





No comments:

Post a Comment