Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Slice of Life Tuesday: Winter Haiku



 
Be sure to check out other blogs on Two Writing Teachers blog


Today as I took my golden retriever, Dave, out for his morning trip to the extra lot to do his "business", I was surprised by all the diamonds that had been scattered all over my front yard.  Well, not really diamonds, but that's what it looked like.  I immediately went into my Poetry Mode.  All the time Dave was sniffing, exploring and doing what he came out to do, I was composing a poem in my head.  I do still like to compose haiku. This winter morning was perfect for that. So, now I share it with you!
Diamonds across snow
Full moon in the winter sky
Trip through Fairyland
 
Don't be afraid to look at the world with fresh, new eyes!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful image- diamonds across snow. I can picture the icy crystals perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Totally describes the world created by this storm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at your Fairyland from afar! Thankful that we have not had much snow this year. Awesome shot of the moon with the snow.

    ReplyDelete